Friday, October 29, 2010

Why Orange?

I am very excited to be starting my new blog which combines many of my interests in one blog. I have had an intermittent blog on my fiber addiction (spinning and knitting) and I have a couple of other blogs (see here and here), but I really wanted an outlet for all of my artistic endeavors.

Why Dreaming in Orange? I love orange. If asked, green is actually my favorite color -- sea-green, lime-green, moss-green -- these are the colors that I am most often drawn to in yarns and paint.

But, orange is the color of joy, happiness, light, silliness. Orange is a symbol of autumn, my favorite season. The time of year that I see as new beginnings (too many years spent in school I suspect). "Dreaming in Orange" means to me dreaming of new beginnings grounded in joy and a certain light-heartedness. This is what I want for my blog and for my life.

So here is the gratuitous picture in orange:


It is my hand spun BFL (Blue Faced Leicester)wool yarn that I will knit into a scarf. It is two-plied and about 342 yards for those to whom this matters. Here is another photo of it hanging to dry outside.



This blog is a new forum to me to explore the many aspects of my life including my spinning and knitting obsessions; my drawing, painting and collage art; and photos from my daily life and my travels. I intend to explore my world and myself through these pages. I hope you enjoy traveling along with me.

1 comment:

  1. I've just bought a wonderful sketchbook that is pumpkin and a daytimer that's burnt orange which totally suprised me on all accounts as it is NOT a colour I generally go for - but they are totally inspiring me to sketch more, write more, book more workshops....it's such a passionate colour ~

    ReplyDelete