Thursday, March 24, 2011

Miriam

I completed this collage a couple of weeks ago. She radiates such a strong yet playful energy and I had named her Lindy. Today, I purchased more photos of the same woman from Kari, the owner of the Etsy business EphemeraObscura. She offers great vintage photos and cards. I found out that this is Kari's great aunt and her name is really Miriam. Her husband, Howard, apparently took quite a few photos of her, and Kari is selling off the duplicates. I see a series developing.........



I used a print of the original photo, acrylic paint, pan pastels, book pages, text, pencil, and sequin waste as a stencil, all on canvas. For the glue, I used Golden gel medium. I used a fixative to set the pastel before I applied more gel medium over the top of everything. Finally, I applied a coat of varnish to protect the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment