Friday, January 14, 2011

50 by 50 Week 2

I felt like using glitter this week. I think it is fun to get gaudy once in awhile! Here is my postcard this week from my wiser self, Artemis, using glittery embossing powder on the swirl stamp patterns:



And the note she wrote me:



I have also started an online workshop on "Color Washes" with Michael deMeng. The first color wash I tried is what he calls "The Uszhhh!!!" - meaning his 'usual'. He makes wondrous assemblages. He ties the elements together using paint. You would never know that some of his elements are plastic, others are metal and others wood. He gives his work a lovely patina showing layers of age. His recipes can be found in the Color Wash workshop, or in his book, Dusty Diablos.

I used three surfaces:
1) the suggested Golden Molding Paste


2) Golden Fiber Paste


3) watercolor cold press paper


I am making a series of these washes and will keep the cards for reference when I create my own work. It is a lot of fun mixing and playing with paint washes.

No comments:

Post a Comment