Saturday, February 5, 2011

50 by 50 Week 4

On this Saturday morning I am happily listening to the dripping of the rain outside my windows. Only a light mist, the rain hangs on the tips of the bare bushes, waiting for just enough moisture to collect to take the plunge and drop to the ground.

This week's postcard is about just that, enjoying the simple moments each day. Like most people, I can get caught up in the hectic daily schedule of work and family, forgetting to stop and notice the beauty of each day. I also have had a habit of spending my time planning for the future while failing to notice how happy I am in the present. With regard to that habit, I have gradually changed over the last few years to notice more by bringing myself fully present in my mind and body and then appreciating whatever that moment brings into my awareness. I find that the more I am able to bring my awareness into the present and feel a sense of gratitude for that moment, the happier I become, and the more these moments occur. What a delicious cycle!



For the background of this image I used Adironcack Alcohol Inks and JudiKins Mica Gloss on a glossy paper. The image is cut from a magazine and painted over with acrylic paint. I have also used pan pastels for the shadows and Smooch acrylic paint on border.



I finally loaded a new typewriter ribbon into my vintage Remington 5 typewriter for my message from Artemis.

No comments:

Post a Comment